Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Act2007 Remotely with Outlook

Using Act2007 Remotely with Outlook

My CEO has a laptop and uses ACT in the Office and Remotely.  When he is in the office he can connect to the database that is on the network and when he is out of the office he can connect using his remote database.  The question he has is it possible to use the syncing scheduler feature remotely?  It appears that his ACT calendar is not synced up with his Outlook calendar when he is in the remote database.  I can't find any information on this issue.  Is it even possible to do?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using Act2007 Remotely with Outlook

You can set the scheduler to sync the ACT! calendar with Outlook on a regular basis... but you would only set it to sync with one database (either remote or the office)

When I use the Act scheduler with Outlook calendar, the contact name does not appear on the Outlook calendar. I have to click on the task to see the contact name from Act. Anyway to show the contact name in Outlook calendar automatically??
Platinum Elite Contributor

Not really... Outlook doesn't link activities to contacts which is one of the reasons it's so poor for sales and marketing use