Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User logon error in ACT Premium for Web 10

User logon error in ACT Premium for Web 10

The users continue to get the following error when trying to log on to Act Premimum for Web 10 . "The Act Premium for web server you are accessing has reached the maximum number of connections allowed. Please try again later after some users have logged off or contact your system administrator to add more user counts to the system." 

Any Idea's
Copper Contributor

Re: User logon error in ACT Premium for Web 10

I'd like to guess you're setup, but you have to tell me how close I am to being correct.
  • You have 10 or more users logging into ACT
  • You are hosting a database (possibly multiple DBs) for all these users from one machine.
  • This hosting machine is not Windows Server 2003, probably Windows XP

If this describes you, I have an idea. Windows XP Pro has a limit of 10 inbound connections to that computer. XP Home, only 5. It wouldn't be ACT licenses limiting you, but Windows. The simplest (but somewhat costly) solution is to upgrade your server to Windows Server 2003.

On the information given, that's my guess.

Ben Leong
Certified ACT! Consultant
www.accentgold.com

Ben

We are running ACT Premium for Web Version 10 ST on a Dedicated Server with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. 
We have 13 users logging in and 13 licenses to cover them.   

We originally started with Version 9.0 and went through an upgrade to 10 recently that seems to be when we noticed the error coming up daily.  I contacted ACT, they had me replace the following .dll file  C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\bin\Act.Web.dll.  They said that this has fixed the problem for version 9.  I implemented the fix but it has not helped.  I usually have to make all the users log off or restart the server this seems to reset the user counts. 

Celia
Copper Contributor

Ah well. Not so close to my guess. I was hoping you had the newbie problem. But it looks like you're past that.

2 general tips, though Tech Support probably gave them to you already:
  1. Make sure users actually click the Logout button instead of just closing the browser window when leaving ACT
  2. There's a setting in the Website Administration Tool, under Options for automatic logout after x minutes of idle time. Make sure that's as low as users can handle.
Ben Leong
Certified ACT! Consultant
www.accentgold.com

Thanks,  we are presently following that course.  I just thought someone out there would have run across this problem too and had a fix for it.  During my last conversation with Sage they said if the fix they gave did not work that I need to call them back so they can have there developers work on it.

Thanks for you time.

Celia
Platinum Elite Contributor

Follow the steps below... I think it might be the fix

Note: When you rename this system file (KGyGaAvL.sys), other programs on your computer that use the same method to activate as ACT!, may need to be re-registered.

1.. Launch Windows Explorer (or My Computer).
        2.. Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options. The Folder Options dialog box appears.
        3.. Under the View tab, ensure that the Show hidden files and folders option is enabled.
        4.. Clear the Hide file extensions for known file types, and the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) options, and then click OK.
        5.. Browse to, and open the following folder:
          a.. Windows XP/2003 - C:\Windows\System32
          b.. Windows 2000 - C:\Winnt\System32

6.. Press the Type column header button so that the arrow is pointing downwards.   This will sort the file by type in a ascending order.
        7.. Locate and right-click the (KGyGaAvL.sys) file, and then click Rename from the shortcut menu. - change the file name to KGyGaAvL.OLD.

8.. Locate and right-click the10 digit alphanumeric .sys file, and then click Rename from the shortcut menu. - change the file name extension from .sys to .old, as you did in step seven. (There may be more then one of these 10 digit alpha numeric files present.) This files will have a ghosted icon  and will be similar to the one in the image above. (The file name is generated randomly.)
        9.. You will now be able to enter your valid serial number while installing the ACT! software.
      If you receive a message indicating that the product has already been registered, please call ACT! Customer Service at 877-386-8083 to reset your activation tolerance.

For related information, refer to the following document:

Title: Activation of ACT! Fails When Logged into Windows as a Standard User
        Answer ID: 14318

Or maybe this:

1) If he has 2 NICs, he needs to remove or disable one of them
2) check not only date and time but check time zone as well.
3) boot into selective startup
4) delete the KGyGaAvL.sys file from C:\Windows\System32
5) There is another hidden system file that is created in the same Windows\System32 folder that is a random string of alpha numeric characters ending in .sys, should be the only other hidden .sys file in there. To find it, make sure you have hidden files showing and that you are not hiding system files. Add the attributes column in details view and sort by attributes, then look for an RHS file. There may be more than one. Rename them all. There may even be an alphanumeric file which has some or all the same attributes but is 0 kb in size. Rename it as well. An example of one of these files: 0D4601C273.sys
It's different on every machine (or should be).
6) back up the registry and delete these keys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Protexis
7) Delete the entries in this key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACT
    Standard: Delete icBasic, SerialNumberBasic,
    Workgroups: icWORKGROUPS, SerialNumberWORKGROUP
8) Delete the entries in this key
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ActForWeb\Keys
9) if this is 2006 installation, locate the file psikey.dll in the ACT! installation folder and replace one that may be in C:\Windows\System32
10) Reboot into selective start up again, try to register.
If this does not resolve the issue, call tech support. There may be a hacked version of a DLL you can use...

Thanks Mike, I will take a look at this.

Celia
Tuned Listener

Hi,

Still I'm faceing same problem;even I did these process as mention in KB.

Thanks!

Skumar