Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User cannot export to excel

User cannot export to excel

I have one user who cannot export to excel.  We use version 9.0.1.162 and Excel 2007.  The user has standard security role with the option to export to excel in the manage users options.  I also made sure that their user profile on the computer had administrative rights and they still could not export to excel.  I even reinstalled ACT on their computer and no luck.  These were all the things that I needed to check according to multiple help topic searches and forum threads.  I can't seem to figure anything else out on why they can't export to excel.

Any ideas?

Silver Contributor

Re: User cannot export to excel

Please make sure you are in hte contact list and not the contact detail view. 

What happens when you try?

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Sorry, I should have mentioned that as well.  We are in the contact list when trying to do it, but the option is greyed out.
Nickel Super Contributor

This is from the ACT! Knowledge Base regarding this issue:

If you are logged in with Administrator, Manager or Standard Security Role, and are in an appropriate list view, this issue may result because you have installed ACT! as an Administrator of the Local workstation but the logged in Windows user does not have Administrators (or Power Users) rights to the local machine.

When the Windows Administrator installs ACT! to be available for All Users, the default directory for database files is located under C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows (version number). If the currently logged in Windows user does not have Full Control of this directory, they will not have the full functionality of the ACT! features.  

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

Thanks for the reply.  I did make sure that they have access to that folder and that their logged in account has administrative rights.  Still no luck.
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello joshfwbs,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. Unfortunately, if your are using version 9.0.1.162, which is ACT! 2007, that version is not compatible with Office 2007. You would need ACT! 2008 (10.0) or higher to work with Office 2007. As an alternative, the user can still go to File/Export and export to a .CSV file. However, he would need to be a least a Manager-level user to access this function.

Message Edited by ghollister on 06-10-2010 09:41 AM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I'm using version 9.0.1.126 with Office 2007 on other computers and it works fine.

I will try and use the File - Export to .csv file option though.  Thank you.