Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User attached email to all contacts. How can I remove the attachment globally - ACT! 2009

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

User attached email to all contacts. How can I remove the attachment globally - ACT! 2009

I'm hoping someone can help me correct this users error without having to go to each contact to remove the attached email.  I figure that there must be an easy fix.  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

Re: User attached email to all contacts. How can I remove the attachment globally - ACT! 2009

I found an application that works with ACT! 11.1 Premium sold by www.exponenciel.com called Purge History for $60 USD. The 21 day trial is a fully working version and I got prompt email support to questions I had using it before I purchased it. 

Well worth it to correct a mistake I made long ago setting a few fields to record to history TYPE "Field Changed". My DB has 58,885 contact records, ADF file size 758 MB running on Vista OS 32bit with Task Manger Performance Meter showing at 1.85GB RAM used. Purge History counter for this Type found 252,000 records. I ran a test on a copy of DB using ACT! to remove all histories and noticed my DB size dropped to 515MB and meter dropped to 1.2GB which is need since because ACT! shutdown at about 2.15GB for a 32bit OS memory per application limit.

I'm not sure how or if I can turn this message to a RESOLVED? 

JM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: User attached email to all contacts. How can I remove the attachment globally - ACT! 2009

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to remove a History item globally are they are now a part of each contact's unique history.  You would need to remove them individually from each record.  The only other option would be to restore a backup of your database made prior to the time the emails were attached..this would result in loss of data entered after the time the backup was made.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Does this also mean there is no way to purge specific History Result types such as "Field Changed" in all contacts? Is there any Database tools out there?

JM

Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
JM
Nickel Contributor

I found an application that works with ACT! 11.1 Premium sold by www.exponenciel.com called Purge History for $60 USD. The 21 day trial is a fully working version and I got prompt email support to questions I had using it before I purchased it. 

Well worth it to correct a mistake I made long ago setting a few fields to record to history TYPE "Field Changed". My DB has 58,885 contact records, ADF file size 758 MB running on Vista OS 32bit with Task Manger Performance Meter showing at 1.85GB RAM used. Purge History counter for this Type found 252,000 records. I ran a test on a copy of DB using ACT! to remove all histories and noticed my DB size dropped to 515MB and meter dropped to 1.2GB which is need since because ACT! shutdown at about 2.15GB for a 32bit OS memory per application limit.

I'm not sure how or if I can turn this message to a RESOLVED? 

JM