Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User Records

Copper Contributor

User Records

Hi,

We are setting up our database so that each user has different access rights and each record is set to limited access based on the user's group. I know that user records are set to public access and cannot be changed. Is there a way to hide user records so that personal information cannot be seen by other users in the database?

We are using ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.0.0.367

Thanks for any help!

Sudha

Re: User Records

Unfortunately user records cannot be hidden or excluded.

Please submit a feature request to be considered in a future version - http://www.act.com/community/feature/

Copper Super Contributor

Another possible solution is to not include personal information in the User Record.  Instruct each User to create a new Contact record for themselves with this private information and check the PRIVATE checkbox for the record.  Of course, this means that you, the administrator, won't see these records either.  So it really depends on who needs to see the information.
Copper Contributor

Since I have the same need, and since user recrods are public and cannot be changed, I thought about excluding such users from the sync set.

I tried excluding from synchronization of remote databases the contacts where the filed IsUser is set to false.

I also tried to define a custom field, and exclude the contacts  with the custom filed set.

In both cases, User Contacts where not excluded from synchronization: it seems that user contacts are always synced, regardless of sync set criteria defined.  Can anyoune confirm that this is the expected behaviour?

Copper Super Contributor

See dlunceford's response.  User Records are core functionality within ACT.  They will not be excluded from synchronization.