Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

User Quote issue?

User Quote issue?

[ Edited ]

I use to be able to do quotes from opportunities which brought up word and had an embedded excel.  Now when I do I get a blank excel sheet in word and which I try to open the excel to edit I get the application error.  However using the exact same machine if I log in with another users account it works fine?  Nobody here has touch any settings that I know of so I am confused as to why it stopped working for the 1 user.

Upon further investigatin it would seem this affects 2 machines.  Both these machine recently added a sage partner addin XLGL to Excel which I am wondering if this maybe the cause.

Message Edited by bparry on 09-09-2009 09:11 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: User Quote issue?

Well, there you go - the adage of the grizzled tech support warrior: "What changed when it stopped working?"

I am not familiar with the particular add-in that you refer to, but it would seem logical to remove it from one of the machines and see what happens.

As always, when adding or removing programs that integrate with Act!, make sure that Act! and ALL office applications are closed before proceeding.  And for that matter, backup your database prior to anything else.