Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Urgent Help Needed for ACT!2011 Premium

Copper Contributor

Urgent Help Needed for ACT!2011 Premium

I need urgent help in getting ACT!2011 premium to work on my system. Some of the earlier problems were managable so I ignored them but now the program will nor work on my Windows XP machine:

1. When I start the program, it takes a long time to get going. Afterwards, an alarm pops up (as it should) as an appointment reminder. I can't get beyond the alarm. None of the buttons work any more. I get the following error messages:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" or

"Error adding or updating snooze item: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached"

2. Each time I start the program "Pending Smart Task Steps" pop up although I don't have any smart tasks planned. In the past I checked and attempted to get rid of this but to no awail. Now, I can't even close the window or delete them to get rid of the ecreen so I can go on with the program. In any case, "Alarms" screen is right in the middle of my screen and won't go away and allow me into the program.

I deleted the program and reloaded, no change. I even tried to copy my adata files to an external drive so I can move them to another computer so I can continue to use my database but I receive the following error message:

"Cannot copy BayhillAdvisors(my databse): It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

There are no other programs using ACT! Whatever I tried I can't get over this error message.

Right now, the program is completely nonusable. I have no idea which direction to go. I have spent at least 12 hours trying to get the program usable but I am beside myself. 2011 version has been a total disaster for us and I am about to abandon the entire database and start over with another program. For someone who used ACT! since 1988 this experience has been disastrous. I sent several messages to ACT! but I didn't even receive an answer!

Any help will be appreciated.

Nickel Contributor

Re: Urgent Help Needed for ACT!2011 Premium

Remove any USB or fixed memory card readers (this may improve startup performance.

Log in as a different user and remove the alarms of all the activities for the user you are trying to log in as.
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand