08-19-2017 12:33 PM
My company is changing rapidly and I am interested in upgrading from our current set up of ACT! Premium 2013 running on an in-house server to ACT! Premium Cloud. We will only have 3-4 users.
1. Is ACT! Premium Cloud just the latest version of ACT! Premium hosted by ACT in the cloud?
2. Am I correct that I will be able to bring all the custom layouts/templates/queries/contacts that we have with our 2013 version with us to the cloud version?
3. Will Office 2013 & 2016 work with the cloud version? I do not want to have to subscribe to Office 365 and we heavily use the export to Excel functionality and the generating of templates into Word.
4. We do have some customized plug-ins that we purchased from Impact/Jim Durkin a number of years ago - I am assuming those will not work with the Cloud option? Are their third parties that provide add-ons to the cloud version?
I apologize if these items have been asked in the past, I would appreciate if you could provide a link to the answers or any related discussions if that is the case.
Thank you in advance.
08-20-2017 11:21 AM - edited 08-20-2017 11:22 AM
Not always make a change to a CLOUD solution is the right solution... But a cloud server has some advantages...
1. Swiftpage always works in order to have the last Act! version on Premium Cloud.
2. Right... When you open the Premium Cloud account, you will receive a mail with the procedure to send the ZIP file of the backup of your database, you must confirm in this procedure the user and password of the database administrator user. - After they tell you that with the same link you can choose the database initially created and the one you were using, same information, reports, templates, everything...
3. Supports Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 installed locally on your computer - Every user can also have Act! Premium V19.2 installed locally and a remote database that is synchronized with the CLOUD Server through the internet.
4. I think it is not possible to install add-ons on the CLOUD server, but if you use remote databases, you will be able to install and use those add-ons on your users' computers.
I am not an expert, but I hope this helps a little
Act! Premium Cloud advantages...
1. Security and confidentiality of information
2. Computer security and virus control
3. Act! Database Backup
4. Computer and iPad - iPhone - Android Web browser access
5. Remote databases that synchronize with the server by internet
6. Integrates with office Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 (I suggest Office 32 Bit)
Link - example...
08-20-2017 05:16 PM
Thank you! This clarifies a lot -
I have been looking into this more -
When you say "Every user can also have Act! Premium V19.2 installed locally and a remote database that is synchronized with the CLOUD Server through the internet." do you mean this is an alternative to running the program off the cloud or something you can do along with the cloud subscription?
08-20-2017 08:18 PM
Right, Is an alternative to work in the database when the user is offline (Offline Client)
You can know the process to create the remote database in the following article...
1. How to create a remote database through Act! Premium (access via web) v17 and later CLICK
2. How do I set up my Act! Premium Cloud offline client? CLICK
3. How to unpack and restore a Remote Database (.RDB) file CLICK
If you need more information, prices and support, you can write us in the CONTACT TAB of www.praxisol.com
01-24-2018 11:54 PM
I recommend you reach out to Impact directly with your questions.
We'll be glad to assist you,