Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading to 2009

Upgrading to 2009

Does anyone have any simplistic ideas on how I may implement an upgrade from sync version 10.0.2.191 to 2009 with minimal disruption to the users?

My first thoughts are to ensure that the users upgrade first, then I will update the parent db, and recut remote databases for all.  Either way I think about it, it would be quite the undertaking to upgrade because the sync process would be broken if one is upgraded and the other is not.

I have about 200 users from 12 different countries so this is a potential logistical nightmare.  As of now, my company has chosen to not upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Upgrading to 2009

The proceedure we use in our hosting facility is to upgrade the server first (and all the databases) then upgrade the remote DB's to the same version, with new references to the sync server path and sync server name. This avoids cutting new remotes but does require some interaction on the client machines. (I'm getting really good at writing instructions for the end users Smiley Happy)
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

Thanks Brad!!!
Platinum Elite Contributor

I think, roughly, the order I would follow would be:

1.  Ensure all users have sync'd and backed up their database (in case anything goes wrong)
  2. Update the Publisher server, then the sync server and then the users

If everythying goes well, you shouldn't need to re-cut.

With 200 users, it would be a really good investment to get the advise of an ACT! Certified Consultant to assist you in the planning on such a project.