Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading from Premium for Workgroup 2006 -- Any Issues?

Tuned Listener

Upgrading from Premium for Workgroup 2006 -- Any Issues?

I use Premium for Workgroup 2006 on XP Professional.

I want to upgrade to ACT 2009 Premium for Workgroups.

My question is -- does anyone experienced ANY issues in converting their database from Workgroup 2006 to 2009? How transparent/automated is the process?

Thanks for any insights.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Upgrading from Premium for Workgroup 2006 -- Any Issues?

In general those of this version that I have upgraded went OK although I would suggest that you make a backup on an external drive or device before you begin jsut to be sure.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Tuned Listener

Thanks Paul.

I am paranoid about the data and do frequent back ups and will do so before any upgrade.

Do I sense some level of trepidation from your email? Does the installation walk you through the data transfer - are there any questions open to intepretation that are pitfalls?

Thanks.

Tuned Listener

Thanks Paul.

I am paranoid about the data and do frequent back ups and will do so before any upgrade.

Do I sense some level of trepidation from your email? Does the installation walk you through the data transfer - are there any questions open to intepretation that are pitfalls?

Thanks.

Bronze Contributor

It appears that on some conversions from previous version there have been known to be some data issues particularly with synchronising databases and there is a DBFixer out for this which you will find in the knowledgebase
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.