Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading from Premium 2011 to Premium 2011 w/Web

Upgrading from Premium 2011 to Premium 2011 w/Web

Several months ago we installed Premium 2011 (database schema version 13.00.0396.0000). We had to get it up and running so we just went with Premium, shared the database and installed on all the users' computers. One user, uses a remote sync version of the db.

Now they want to upgrade to the web version so that they don't have to have the client installed on their machines. I thought/hoped I could install on the same server, but when I attempt to it gives me an error about ACT already being installed.

Personally, I've had nothing but problems logging in/using/finding accurate KB's and documentation through the Sage CRM/Customer portal and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction for what I need to do to migrate to the web version. Ideally, we need to keep some users using the traditional client, especially the one with the off-site remote copy.

Re: Upgrading from Premium 2011 to Premium 2011 w/Web

We are on 2011 Version 13.0.401.0 Hot Fix 2
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello pageda,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. In order to install Sage ACT! 2011 Premium (access via web), you will first need to uninstall the current Premium version you have. The web version is a separate, complete install of the program, with all the features as the non-web version, plus the added web component. The error you are receiving is because you cannot have two installations of ACT! on the same local machine. On the server needs to have the web version installed - the client machines will have the non-web version.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig, that's pretty much what I thought, but I was worried about my one remote user with network sync. It looks like I'm several versions behind (I need to upgrade to SP1 and then Hot Fix 4) as well as the upgrade to the web version.

Can I simply take a backup of the current database, uninstall existing ACT Premium 2011, install Premium w/Web 2011 and then point in to the database we already had (i.e. will it upgrade the database schema etc once I try to open it in the new ACT version).

Sounds like a good plan. You just need to ensure that all network and remote users apply SP1 and Hot Fix 4 as well before trying to access the database or sync.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes, that's the plan. So, started implementing and SP1, HF4 requires SP1, HF1 first (Remember I'm not on SP1 yet, just 13.0.401 HF2. But I cannot find SP1, HF1 on the sage Downloads page. Just SP1, HF4 which clearly states its only to be applied after updating to SP1. Any idea where I can get that? I have bronze support but haven't been able to get any support per chat/phone as of yet.

The SP1 update on the download site includes Hot Fix 1. Hot Fix 4 is cumulative, so it includes hot fxes 1-4.

Greig Hollister

Okay, so you're saying that I can install SP1, HF4 directly on top of my 13.0.401 Hot Fix 2 (No Service Pack). Note, the instructions on document 27440 clearly state 'This hotfix requires that Sage Act 2011 SP1 be installed. If you have not yet installed SP1, please do so before applying this hot fix."

[ Edited ]

You would first install SP1(per KB 27290), open the database to update it, then you would install Hot Fix 4 (per KB 27440).

Greig Hollister

Please forgive my ignorance, but I cannot do 27290 because I do not have the SP1 installation media/download. I only have the SP1HF4 because that's the only one on the download page. I cannot find SP1, SP1HF1 to apply PRIOR to SP1HF4.