Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading from ACT FOR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS TO PREMIUM

Upgrading from ACT FOR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS TO PREMIUM

My client that was on ACT for financial professionals wanted to upgrade to ACT Premium 2011.  I uninstalled AFP and installed premium and updated the database.  It was in trial version because he wanted to only try it before he purchased it and all was fine.  Then, the trial expired, and he went on line to purchase the ACT 2011 PREMIUM License upgrade.  The license came, he installed it and now, His HELP - About ACT - shows ACT For Financial Professionals version 11.1.0.183.   I uninstalled, and reinstalled and it is the same.  The menu choice in his program files says ACT Premium 2011, but when the program opens and in the about section it is only 11.1.0183.

Help?

Re: Upgrading from ACT FOR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS TO PREMIUM

Forgot to mention that each time I close the application, a backup process starts.  Bizarre

Saw why the backup is being done.  I get it.  I just don't get why it does not show ACT Premium 2011

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello cmuskus,

This is most likely due to some leftover files from AFFP. Please see the steps in KB Article 24372 to help resolve this issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.