Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading Sage Act! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 to v20

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Upgrading Sage Act! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 to v20

I need to upgrade my Sage Act! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 to v20 and wanted to confirm if I need to make any additional changes before upgrading & will my custom fields & add-ons remain?

In the event the above fails, do I have access to the Sage Act! Premium 2011 Version above for download & reinstall?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author w222011
3 weeks ago
Administrator

Re: Upgrading Sage Act! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 to v20

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

You shouldn't need to do anything special, simply install v20 and open your database - Act! will take care of the upgrade.

Your custom fields, layouts and templates will all remain - however whether the custom addons will continue to work automatically will be entirely down to the addon itself - these are created by third-parties, so it depends entirely on how they were coded! You may need to contact the manufacturer of those addons should you have any issues with them!

I've sent you a private message with a download link for Sage Act! Premium 2011 just in case - but bear in mind that once a database has been upgraded - there's no way to downgrade it again. So please ensure you take a backup before you start the upgrade process!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author w222011
3 weeks ago
Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

You shouldn't need to do anything special, simply install v20 and open your database - Act! will take care of the upgrade.

Your custom fields, layouts and templates will all remain - however whether the custom addons will continue to work automatically will be entirely down to the addon itself - these are created by third-parties, so it depends entirely on how they were coded! You may need to contact the manufacturer of those addons should you have any issues with them!

I've sent you a private message with a download link for Sage Act! Premium 2011 just in case - but bear in mind that once a database has been upgraded - there's no way to downgrade it again. So please ensure you take a backup before you start the upgrade process!

Thank You Jon!