Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrading ACT

Tuned Listener

Upgrading ACT

Hi, we are considering upgrading our current ACT premium 2009 to a ACT premium 2013 version.

I am interested in knowing how this is done, and how we make sure not to loose any data during the transaction!

Our current ACT solution is very customized, meaning that we have added a lot of additional fields and changed the layout.

My question then is: How, when making an upgrade, do we get all data into the new database?  

Do you get some kind of program to help you through the transaction, and how do we make sure that all the data enters the new database? I can't really imagine how data from all the customized fields will enter the new database?

Hope my question makes sense. 

Best regards, 

Andreas. 

Copper Contributor

Re: Upgrading ACT

For your desired upgrade of Act! you can just open your old database, or, if on another server, restore a backup from within Act! 2009 (<File><Backup Database>) on your new server (restored through <File><Restore> in Act! 2013). All of what was in Act! will be available.

Hein Campmans
http://connect2act.com
Tuned Listener

So i should understand it as ACT 2013 will create all relevant fields itself to maintain the database as it is in my current ACT 2009? 

Nickel Super Contributor

Si ya tienes las licencias de la nueva versión, solo basta que instales la nueva versión y que abras la base de datos, en ese momento te va a proponer hacer una copia de seguridad (Es mejor si previamente a todo haces esta copia de seguridad) y luego te actualiza la versión de la base de datos, esto no debe alterar información, campos o diseños realizados de manera personalizada.  Importante tener copia de seguridad de la base de datos en una memoria externa o disco externo, si tienes bases de datos remotas el proceso es diferente para que no tengas que crearlas de nuevo - Espero te sirva - Saludos.

Nickel Super Contributor

If you already have the new licenses for the new version, you just need to install the new version and you open the database, then  will propose to make a backup (It's better if previously all do this backup) and then you update the version of the database, this should not alter data, fields or designs made personally. Important to backup the database on an external memory or external disk, if you have remote databases the process is different so you wont have to create them again - I hope to serve you - Greetings.

Tuned Listener

We all operate on remote databases and synchronize with a main database. :-)