Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgraded to V20.1, works great, took about 30 minutes

Copper Contributor

Upgraded to V20.1, works great, took about 30 minutes

From download, to back-up old database, run new V20.1 file, delete old database, upgrade to new, took about 30 minutes, maybe 35 at most.  Mostly smooth process.  Seemed to get hung up during installation but a few minutes later, a popup box appeared and process completed within 10 minutes later.  Seems fine.  Starting to use the upgraded functions to check out any benefits to how I use ACT.  I reviewed the issues the upgrade has cleared and so thankful I never had any of these issues - 

for upgrade details and cleared technical issues related to V20.1 upgrade

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39017

Administrator

Re: Upgraded to V20.1, works great, took about 30 minutes

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it updated smoothly! Let us know how you get on with the new features!
Copper Contributor

Hey fritzjurg,

This is the first item I've come across with any sort of direction on how to upgrade to the new release from v20, so THANK YOU!  So just to confirm, you didn't need to uninstall the ACT program in order to upgrade, correct?  Just download the files, and run the set up files after you backed up your database?

Administrator

You don't need to uninstall first - but the installer will automatically remove the old version as part of the install.
Copper Contributor

Excellent!  Thank you!

Copper Contributor

During the installation process, a pop-up guides you to back up the database as it prepares to delete the previous version.  That may have added 5 minutes or so to the process.  If this does not occur, I'd call ACT support before proceeding.  Good luck!