Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade to Premium v19 errors at start

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Upgrade to Premium v19 errors at start

Succesfully upgraded to Premium v19  but get a series of errors relating to fields.

I have checked by fields but do not have any defined with "physical". I have checked for ,problems with actdiag and reindexed etc. No problem on the V18 Pro. Suspect SMS addin butg delting (uninstalling it made no difference.

They are "Physical City", "Physical State", "Physical Postcode" Physical Country" and just "PostCode"; and show like this:

https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/bd-p/PremCapture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎01-30-2017 09:25 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Upgrade to Premium v19 errors at start

OK I tracked down the problem. In Australia ACTTODAY bundle ACT! with a couple of add-ins in an attempt to lure customers into paying more money.

The particular add-in is ACTTODAY.PostCodes for ACT! There are also others listed but they do not appear to be causing any problems - so far.

I disabled the add-in through TOOLS/MANAGE ADD-ONS... and the problem went away.

NB In Australia, POSTCODE = ZIP CODE.

You really don't need to spend money of the add-in - Make your own dropdown menu. You can get all the postcodes from the Australia Post site if you need the entire Australian Postcode list or even if you only need your local STATE. Alternatively you can simply add the postcodes in your area or add new ones as you add clients.

I think the add-in was attempting to link to stock ACT! fields where I have redesigned my Contact and Company screens/fields to meet my own specific needs where I use Contacts for Clients and gather very specific information and I use Company as Doctors that also contains specific information. A dropdrown list of PostCodes was easily attached to new fields that were created to help me distinguish practice addresses from private addresses. The problem Add-In could not automatically link to my fields. However the errors generated reflected the Add-Ins own choice of field names and not my own.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Elite Contributor

Were these original address fields you have renamed or new one you created in ACT V18 before upgrade? The example you give of postcode invalid, if a new field, maybe because one with the same name already existed. Any further information you can give would be helpful.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

The example is the only error that does not have "Physical" associated with it. It just happens that I chose that one to screen clip.

The only difference in my v19 installation is that I have not installed Impact Suite. However, going back to v18 with everything installed I checked all the fields and found no reference to "Physical State" etc. I look at standard ACT! fields and also within Impact Suite to see if I could spot these fields.

Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎01-30-2017 09:25 AM
Copper Contributor

OK I tracked down the problem. In Australia ACTTODAY bundle ACT! with a couple of add-ins in an attempt to lure customers into paying more money.

The particular add-in is ACTTODAY.PostCodes for ACT! There are also others listed but they do not appear to be causing any problems - so far.

I disabled the add-in through TOOLS/MANAGE ADD-ONS... and the problem went away.

NB In Australia, POSTCODE = ZIP CODE.

You really don't need to spend money of the add-in - Make your own dropdown menu. You can get all the postcodes from the Australia Post site if you need the entire Australian Postcode list or even if you only need your local STATE. Alternatively you can simply add the postcodes in your area or add new ones as you add clients.

I think the add-in was attempting to link to stock ACT! fields where I have redesigned my Contact and Company screens/fields to meet my own specific needs where I use Contacts for Clients and gather very specific information and I use Company as Doctors that also contains specific information. A dropdrown list of PostCodes was easily attached to new fields that were created to help me distinguish practice addresses from private addresses. The problem Add-In could not automatically link to my fields. However the errors generated reflected the Add-Ins own choice of field names and not my own.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Thank you for the update which I am sure will help others who have used the add-on and customised their database.