Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade or New Install for ACT! Premium 2012?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Upgrade or New Install for ACT! Premium 2012?

I've purchased licenses to upgrade from ACT 2010 to ACT Premium 2012.  Since I've built a brand new box for 2012 (no version of ACT 2010 installed)  which type install should I do ... new or upgrade?  Some vendors require an active installation of current version software to enable an upgrade-type install.  Is that the case with ACT 2012, or can I just do a new install?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author geoke
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Upgrade or New Install for ACT! Premium 2012?

Hello geoke,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. All install media of ACT! are the same - there is not a new install vs. upgrade install. If you have a previous version of ACT! 2005-2011, then 2012 will remove it and replace it. If there is no prior version, it will just do the install. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author geoke
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello geoke,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. All install media of ACT! are the same - there is not a new install vs. upgrade install. If you have a previous version of ACT! 2005-2011, then 2012 will remove it and replace it. If there is no prior version, it will just do the install. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ghollister wrote:

Based on what I'd read, I suspected that was the case but wanted to confirm before going through a messy install/uninstall cycle on a brand new system.

Thank you for the prompt relpy on late Friday afternoon.

George.