Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade from ACT Premium 2009 to ACT Premium for Web 2009

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Upgrade from ACT Premium 2009 to ACT Premium for Web 2009

Hi

I have ACT Premium 2009 installed on a server 2003 machine.

Does anybody know of any instructions for upgrading this to Premium for Web or does anyone know of any particular problems I should watch out for when installing?

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author benny156
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Upgrade from ACT Premium 2009 to ACT Premium for Web 2009

If you already have your disks/download media for Act for Web (APFW). Then located on the install media is a pdf file called APFW administrators guide, it contains a vertible plethora of valuable information to help you overcome some of the common pitfalls of Web installs. In short, remove your current install and then install APFW, you'll need IIS installed and ASP.net 2.0. Additionally you'll need a local user with full access to be the ASP.net anonymous login account. I'd highly advise not installing APFW on a domain controller.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author benny156
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

If you already have your disks/download media for Act for Web (APFW). Then located on the install media is a pdf file called APFW administrators guide, it contains a vertible plethora of valuable information to help you overcome some of the common pitfalls of Web installs. In short, remove your current install and then install APFW, you'll need IIS installed and ASP.net 2.0. Additionally you'll need a local user with full access to be the ASP.net anonymous login account. I'd highly advise not installing APFW on a domain controller.
Tuned Listener

Thats great, thanks.  I'll have a look through the documentation.

I have look over all the docs. Why not install on a domain controller?

Thanks