Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updating databases to Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.0.301.0

Re: Updating databases to Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.0.301.0

Hi Greg,

I deleted the final version and reverted back to the Beta version. The database opens fine. However I cannot obviously open my updated version of my other database using the Beta version. Any ideas?!

Sean

Platinum Elite Contributor

If the database is damaged, try creating an empty copy of the database in the Beta version (File > Save Copy As > Create an empty copy), import your data into the empty copy, then convert the copy.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greg,

I think I have it sorted. I saved it as a copy and then updated it. Thanks for your help.

Sean

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greg,

I have experienced the same problem with a new install of ACT! 2013 Premium where ACT! 2012 Premium is installed.

Normal processing to delete and reinstall after reboot took place and followed normal install process until reaching the "Finalizing install" message phase - where it hung with the indicator bar showing at 1/3 blue.  

Gave it a bit of time then checked  Windows TaskManager which just showed ACT! installer running.

Closed the Application and opened from the Icon - all install processing had been completed and the database conversion began processing as soon as ACT! Opened.

Not the first time I have seen it happen on client machines!!

Hi Greg,

Unfortunately, the problem is not solved. The issue seems to relate to the fact that the database is the premium version and I was given a complimentary version of pro. I need to downgrade the database to use with pro. However it will not downgrade properly. It looses the extra fields created. I have created an empty copy and exported the contacts into it. It can successfully downgrade by the fields are lost. Any Ideas?!

Sean

Are you using the tool in ACT! Diagnostics to downgrade the database to Pro? This should not result in any loss of custom fields.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greg,

The fields are lost when I save empty copy as....

Why are you saving an empty copy? Try just downgrading the full database to Pro and see if it converts. Or is the downgrade causing field loss as well?

Greig Hollister

Hi Greg,

I saved it as an empty copy because it would not downgrade from premium to pro.

Sean

Hi Greg,

The error that I get when trying to downgrade or convert is "TBL_group_TRU1:Invalid private_update group would create non-private subgroups"

Sean