Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Updated to 20.1 without issue... can I uninstall act.web.api and act.server.host.exe

Updated to 20.1 without issue... can I uninstall act.web.api and act.server.host.exe

I updated to act 20.1 with the new outlook integration. 

-Do I need the ACT.web.api.hosting.exe on my desktop machine (my database that is act premium for web is on a server)? Can it be uninstalled or perhaps set to not run?

-Do I need Act.server.host.exe running on my desktop machine (same note from above) 

Administrator

Re: Updated to 20.1 without issue... can I uninstall act.web.api and act.server.host.exe

The Act.server.host.exe service is used to index the data in your database and make the universal search feature available.

This only really needs to run on the 'host' PC - where the database is stored. You could stop it from running, but if there's no databases on your PC it shouldn't really be using up any resources anyway.

The Act.web.api.hosting.exe is much the same - it enables access to the API and Act! Connect, as well as Act! Insights - but again, only needs to be running on the server.

You could remove these theoretically - but it's not something we'd necessarily recommend or support as it could be difficult to re-install them without doing a full reinstall of Act!