11-07-2012 10:39 AM
We recently updated from our Act! 2005 to Act! Premium on the web and some of our custom fields are not logging the changes to the history. This is only happening to a few of the custom fields, not all. We are using the same database that was in use for the 2005 version and had no issues there. Is there a location something that we need to check or a location that we can verify that the changes should be logged? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
11-08-2012 06:16 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
You will want to check the 'Generate History' option for the particular fields. This can be done by:
1. Have all users sign out of database
2. Sign into database on host machine (Administrator level user name)
3. Click Tools, select Define Fields
4. Select appropriate 'View fields for:' (Contacts, Companies, Groups, Opportunities, Products)
5. Double click on desired field
6. Enable 'Generate History' option
7. Click Finish, click Close
8. Change field to test
Users can now access database.