Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update to 10.0.3 fails & ACT! stops working.

Copper Contributor

Re: Update to 10.0.3 fails & ACT! stops working.

The CD would be the original ... 10.0.1? The links support provides would be a full version of the upgrades 10.0.2 or 10.0.3.  The CD gets you working again but back to the same spot when we all tried to upgrade unsuccessfully.

[ Edited ]

Mike,

10.0.3 will uninstall if coming from 10.0 and 10.0.1.  I do not know the details on why reinstalling a full build will resolve some of the issues encountered during the update.  But not everyone is having these issues with updating to 10.0.3.  Maybe in these cases, some of the files weren't removed or update properly and reinstalling the full build corrects it.

kbender and mdezrin, check your private messages.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-11-2008 10:31 AM
Tuned Listener

To remove 10.0.3 and go back to my CD vs I will:

1. back of the database

2. back of personal? It gives this option in ACT

3 Delete the current vs of ACT?

4. Instal the old version ~ will I need my product information ex. key to load it again?

I just do not want to lose data and nor do I want my team down because I did something wrong or was not prepaired.

Yes, you're on the right track.  Personal files are custom dictionary entries, internet links, etc...  To remove 10.0.3, use the ACT! uninstaller from this KB - How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file.  You'll need to register the product again, so it'll require the serial number.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'm not sure, but I think you'll also need to revert to a backup from the old version.

10.02 and 10.03 changed the database schema

BTW: why do you want to go back? 10.02 is definately better than the previous builds. I didn't try 10.03 as I've been on the ACT! 2009 (11.0) beta

Tuned Listener

What if I do not have the seriel numbers anymore? I am will look at home and work. For heavensakes my CD was in my cell phone box. UGH.
Platinum Elite Contributor

@sansonj wrote:
What if I do not have the seriel numbers anymore? I am will look at home and work. For heavensakes my CD was in my cell phone box. UGH.

If you can't find it, maybe try the Customer Service guys http://www.act.com/support/customerservice/index.cfm

Tuned Listener

10.0.3 is truly broken- stay away from it. I have to reboot my server 7 times a day, because I get booted from the web when I try to upload documents or add notes. How do I get on this beta vs?

There a no known issues reported of 10.0.3 update causing disconnects when attaching documents or new notes in ACT! for Web.  Please call into support so one of our support agents can further diagnosis the issue.

ACT! for Web beta testing is over and the release is in its final stages of internal testing.  ACT! for Web 2009 will be released to the public in the near future.

Regards,

dlunceford

Tuned Listener

They will not help me since I do not have extended warranty. That is sad, because I did not need a warranty until I was told to update my current vs. to 10.0.3 from 10.0.2. I would figure Sage would be kind enough to do this for free since they harmed me and all of their client base with 10.0.2