Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update of ACT caused error message and no longer have connection with Outlook

Tuned Listener

Update of ACT caused error message and no longer have connection with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hi all.  

This morning I got a message that there was an update for my ACT Premium 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 (not sure if that is the new number after the update).

Since I did the update I no longer have any connection between ACT and Outlook.  I get an error message 

The type initializer for 'Act.Outlook.Sync.Common.OutlookSyncHelper' threw an exception.

I have followed through on a couple of KB articles and have downloaded and applied a AUpreference206.xml which didn't help

I have re-installed my backup, but it tells me that I have a new version now and it needs to update my database

When I open Outolook I get this message

The ACT! Address Book service is not propertly configured, or the configured database xxx.pad is locked.  Do you want to configure it now?  I have tried but it won't let me put in the details, says it's already in use.

I get a red cross on the Tools, Preferences, Email & OUtlook Sync box... and when I try to change the database it tells me that it is already assignmed.

I use MS Office 2010 Home and Business 2010

Please help me as I can't live without this connection

Shirley

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Update of ACT caused error message and no longer have connection with Outlook

Hello Shirley,
See if this Knowledgebase article helps resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2881...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: Update of ACT caused error message and no longer have connection with Outlook

Thanks tried that one, but  when I typed in the regsvr32 adchronopher.dll it said I had another error.

It is sort of working, but not 100% anymore, hopefully I can continue my days work.

ACT.PNG

Tuned Listener

I've just realised that I have lost all the icon's on Outlook where I can attach my emails to the database - how do I get them back?

Tuned Listener

This is the other screen shot that I get - I believe they are all linked to why I can't intergrate my ACT! and Outlook anymore with no Icons on Outlook.

ACT 1.PNG