Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update for ACT Premium 2013 WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Update for ACT Premium 2013 WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

I am the main admin for ACT and also an admin on our company's network. I have tried several times to download the recent update and it keeps giving me the error message "You do not have permission to download the updates. You must be a Windows Administrator".

I am a Windows Administrator. Our IT man also logged in with the main company's admin profile and still was not able to download the update. He received the same message as above.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RGrayson17
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Update for ACT Premium 2013 WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

Two options:

- To update through the program, you are being blocked by Windows UAC.  You can get around this by running Sage ACT! 'as administrator'.  To do this: close Sage ACT! > right click Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > attempt download/update.

- Manually download update (allows for better control if applying across mutliple computers).  See the following article for instructions: KB Article 32103

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author RGrayson17
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Two options:

- To update through the program, you are being blocked by Windows UAC.  You can get around this by running Sage ACT! 'as administrator'.  To do this: close Sage ACT! > right click Sage ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > attempt download/update.

- Manually download update (allows for better control if applying across mutliple computers).  See the following article for instructions: KB Article 32103

Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thanks so much! Got it to finally update!