Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unsubscribe for GDPR

Unsubscribe for GDPR

Hello,

I want to make my database GDPR compliant. How can I do this? I need to contact each record with an active opt-in for email marketing. What is the best way to do this. Also what is the best option for creating an unsubscribe link? I am using Act premium web 17.1.169.0

thanks

Employee

Re: Unsubscribe for GDPR

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi Carl,

The KB says...

"In addition we will shortly be issuing our own briefing note on how the features in Act! can be used to help an organisation use personal information of their contacts in a compliant way. This will be published on our website."

When will this be issued?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

You could look at using Web Forms to create a form that your customers can fill in if they opt-in. This allows you to create a group of opt-ins.

If you're sending out advertising/bulk mail-shots to your customers, your best bet is to consider using a dedicated emarketing service - these will have all the proper tools to allow GDPR compliance. Sending mail merges from Act! can be useful, but isn't designed for mass mail-outs.

It might be worth checking out Act! Emarketing, for a solution that's integrated into your database - and will handle all of the 'unsubscribe' management (every email has a link, and you won't be able to mail to opt-outs).

If you're interested you'll find more information about Web Forms here:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37906

And more infor about Act! Emarketing here:
https://www.act.com/en-uk/products/act-emarketing
Administrator

@dshaw111 - Our product team are still working on compliance advice documentation, I'll be chasing them up and I'll keep you updated with any information.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I am finding conflicting information out there about GDPR. It seems clear enough about business to private individuals but much less on how it affects business to business clients. It seems if the information is in the public domain and they are part of a commercial organisation you can email but must give the option to opt out or be forgotten. .The complexity arises if you hold mobile and email address that are not the organisations, now you need express permission to hold that information but how do you know if the mobile is a company or private one???

It seems the only safe way is to treat all contacts as private and ask permission to hold the information which also means you have to declare what information you hold.

And this is only a small part of the requirement of GDPR on keeping data safe I am going on a free Microsoft Course to understand the needs better using Dynamics and then will use the knowledge gained regarding ACT

Nickel Super Contributor

Excellent idea! Are you going to share the gained knowledge with us ? Smiley Wink

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Bronze Elite Contributor

Yes, will share what I can - and understand!