Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unpack and Restore 2008

Unpack and Restore 2008

Ok I have patched my server copy and remote copy to 10.0.3

I set up a remote database from my server onto our network drive.

I choose file and restore- unpack and restore.

The restore and act database windows pops just like this instructions.

I put the new remote RDB file in the first field(link)

and the second field is where the trouble begins.  The folder in which the PAD file for the db says failed to restore remote database- fail to open a connection to the database.

I have done this before with other machines, but this is a new database for a different division.

What exactly am I linking in the 2nd box? 

Help.

Re: Unpack and Restore 2008

Also I have read the customer support ducument repeatedly and it is extremely vague how I link my c drive DB to the remote.  The field with database location is where it all comes into question.

Smiley Sad Help. 

Are you able to open the demo database on this machine with the issue?  Did you copy the remote database locally and restore it to the local hard drive?

David,

I could open the demo when it started, but I have since removed those dbs.

The remotes were initiated from the main server.  Is this where they are to be initiated from?  The instructions don't specify. 

Once they are set, I goto the c drive copy and try to unpack it to that remote?  This is where my confusion begins.  I guess I need clarification as the knowledgebase doesn't clarify local or server copy. 

Once I am ready to unpack- what exactly is placed in the two fields in the restore box:

Select the database file to restore:  I believe that is the remote correct?

Database location:  that is the local?

Should I be transacting this through the local or the main server for this restore?

Also, I am having a tough time finding a file for the first entry, I can only find the folder.

I went through this for months with live supprt and my contract finally ran out.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

On the server you create the remote database.  You then copy the file it creates locally to the remote machine.  This is where you initiate the unpack/restore.

The first field is the location of the RDB that you copied locally.  The second field is where you want the remote to unpack.  This location also has to be local.  You can restore it to the default location - My Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 10\Databases