Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uninstall a Hotfix

Uninstall a Hotfix

I installed a hotfix onto my remote database and now I can't sync with the master database. The IT department is not ready to apply the hotfix to the master database, so I need to uninstall the hotfix so that I can sync my database to get update. I have not found a feature that will allow me to uninstall just the hotfix. Is this possible? Thanks in advance
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Uninstall a Hotfix

Hello lenam,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Installing a hot fix will not normally break sync as it does not cause a schema change. Please provide some additional details:
- What version of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)
- What is the error you get when trying to sync?

Also, you cannot uninstall a hot fix. You would need to uninstall the ACT! program, then reinstall it without the hot fix.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Uninstall a Hotfix

Hi Greg -

Thanks for the reply. 

I am  running ACT Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 Hot Fix 6

Ther server is running ACT Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 Hot Fix 1

Error message that I get when I try to sync from my remote database to the server master database is "Synchronization has failed.  The remote database is usning a different ACT! version than the main database.  Contact your administrator for assistance."

Let me know if this update opens up any doors for me.

Thanks!