Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uninstall Sage Act! Premium 2006

Uninstall Sage Act! Premium 2006

My OS is XP, I have tried the unistall in Start > all programs > ACT >  uninstall and the resutl was several error messages about String Z folder not being found > select continue and is want M Word turned off - when it seems to be; tried from add/delete programs in the control panel with the same results, and I have downloaded the updated link from the knowledge base and I get the following message "The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  The operation required the SecurityException.  To graqnt this application the required permission please contact your systems administrator, or use the Microsoft .NET security policy administration told" - with options to continue or quit.  If continue is selected nothing happens - if quit is selected - it does what it is supposed to do.  If anyone has face this and has an answer - please let me know - the next option is the manual uninstall - and while I can follow directions - it is probably a little above my comfort level.  Thanks!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Uninstall Sage Act! Premium 2006

I remember this issue - and I used to use the ACT uninstaller utility - not sure if that is still available.  The manual uninstall would be your next step, it does require going into the registry, etc - which can be daunting - most importantly follow the steps to back it up.  Perhaps one of the Sage Reps can confirm if the uninstaller utility is available anymore.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com

Following the manual steps worked - sort of.  It is still in the add/delete programs - and listed in my applications - but for the most part it is gone.  The Microsoft Installer Cleanup Utility is no longer provided by Microsoft - seems they were having some issues.  It is unfortunate that the unistaller does not work as intended - but the step-by-step guide in the Sage Knowlegebase allowed me to do more than I would have otherwise accomplished - so far I have not seen any bad side affects - thanks for the response. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Yeah - this was an issue with the 2006 product - and it may have had something to do with .Net 2 being installed - when the product actually worked with .net 1.  I thought in the manual uninstall process there was an area that stated if you still see it in add remove programs, there is a registry key you can remove. As for the uninstaller cleanup utility.  I used it once on a Windows 7 machine with Office 2007 and it literally removed registry keys to office, etc...thankfully I had backed up the registry and was able to get everything back (and it was my husband's computer Smiley Happy.

Glad you got it uninstalled at least.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com