Copper Contributor

Unexpected end of file while parsing CDATA has occurred. Line 1, position 155

[ Edited ]

Hi all

Using Act! Premium (Web) Version 18.1.103.0, Update 3

Using IE 11

Using APFW customer is getting this error

2017-06-23_10h06_26.png

There is a KB about this issue http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37408/.  Does not provide any potential fixes.  To produce this error the customer is booking a follow up after clearing a task.  It is not happening every time.

Has anyone been able to work around this error?

Thanks

Damon

Administrator

Re: Unexpected end of file while parsing CDATA has occurred. Line 1, position 155

Hi @Damon_T

Does this error occur every time when creating follow up activities?  Does it occur when trying to save the follow up or when clicking the follow up button?

If possible would you be able to test the issue in another browser, such as Google Chrome?

If you have access to the server, you could check eventviewer (Windows Key + "R" > "eventvwr" > Windows Logs > Application) - and see if there any 'APFW' errors that coincide with the times this error message is popping up - if so, you could post them here so we can try and dig a little deeper.

Apologies that you've been affected by this issue, and that our KnowledgeBase article is no help on this. If you do manage to find a fix, or if we can determine the cause, I'll make sure that we update the KnowledgeBase for future users!

Copper Contributor

Re: Unexpected end of file while parsing CDATA has occurred. Line 1, position 155

Hi @JonTaylor

No the error is intermittent.  To give you an idea it took 2 weeks to see the error again.  Chrome is not really an option as it does not support the option to create an email invitation.  So they are using IE.

Always seems to happen for the user when they set a follow up task.

I checked the event viewer when the error occurred,  Around the time of this error I see 

Information message - Restarting Act! Outlook calendar integration service.  But this is happening all the time in the log

a bit before I see a bunch of AFW errors, but again these happen all the time in the log2017-09-27_16h38_32.png

2017-09-27_16h38_56.png

2017-09-27_16h39_31.png

2017-09-27_16h39_52.png

2017-09-27_16h40_06.png

2017-09-27_16h40_18.png

Thank you for providing the screenshots. While I do not believe they are related to the original error I would like to know the length of the URL in use as I have seen this cause issues in the past on certain pages.

Does this happen with every follow up task? as you have mentioned it being intermittent does it appear to be selected contact or activities that are being followed up on?

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Dan

From the examples I have seen they are always different contacts.

I got another email to say it happened again.  with a time of 10:30 - 10:31 

2017-09-29_11h21_52.png

The URL is http://xxxxxxxx-04/APFW/ This user uses the internal URL.  But are you taking about the leight of the page before clicking on the clear activity dialogue box?  Also I don't see the URL in IE for the dialog box.

2017-09-29_11h45_48.png

Thanks

Damon

The URL would normally be along the lines of http://xxxxxxxx-04/APFW/Activities/ScheduleDialogOwnerEdit.aspx?entity=&asyncDialogId=schedule_activity_dialog

I do not think the URL would to long although other areas maybe causing the error in event viewer but do not believe the cause of the subject error.

I understand it can be quite intermittent but if another database or reinstall of Act could be completed to narrow down where the issue is specific to.