Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to type values into the Price field in Sales Opportunites

Tuned Listener

Unable to type values into the Price field in Sales Opportunites

Hi,

We currently populate the product list through a web application that includes Name, Cost and Price. Some of the employees however are not able to edit (by typing values into) the Price field. They are able to copy and paste it from a different application such as notepad. We tried several things but weren't able to resolve this issue. I am wondering if there is something I am missing. Here are some of things I already looked at:
1. Num Lock on the keyboard
2. Security setting for the fields - I wasn't able to find a security setting on this field.

Thanks for all your help!
Sudha
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to type values into the Price field in Sales Opportunites

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?
Is this the same for the users who can and can't edit the field?

Is it machine based or user (log in to a machine where the users can't edit with the username of a user who can)?

Does the same thing happen in the demo database?
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]
The version number of ACT on my workstation is v10.0.1.199 where I am able to make changes to the Price field in Opportunities without any changes. When I log into a different workstation (v10.0.0.237 hotfix 1 - cannot update Price here) I am not able to make changes to Price. So it looks like a version specific issue which means it is machine based. Now, here's my question: When I downloaded and tried to install the update (v10.0.2) it asks me to upgrade the ACT database. The previous time we did this the update (from 2007 to 2008) wiped out all of our custom-defined stored procedures and views. (We use a web interface and sync data between the two.) So I am very hesitant to make this updgrade. Do you know if this upgrade would cause a similar situation?

Thanks for your help!
Sudha

Message Edited by sjoga on 04-09-2008 04:09 PM
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]
We decided to go for the upgrade to v10.0.2 for all machines. We did have to update the database which deleted all custom views and stored procedures. But since we were prepared we were able to restore all of them without much trouble.

Message Edited by sjoga on 04-11-2008 08:47 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yup, you should at least update the 10.0.0 machines...

10.0.0 and 10.0.1 can be used on the same database (unless using sync)

10.0.2 can't share, so all systems need to be updated (preferably server first)