Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to synchronize a remote DB with ACT 8.0 Premium

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to synchronize a remote DB with ACT 8.0 Premium

Hello,

I've just found this forum, and i'm happy to find people who use ACT!

I've a problem on one of my user. Since few weeks, this user cannot synchronize his database. The synchro fails with the error "Agent facade failed to get message to remote . SyncFactory failed to get file operations." the temporary file cannnot be modified (access denied). contact your admin.

I've close ACT! and lauched ACt Diag and check the DB, i've repaired it (and many other step since "database rebuild\ rebuild sync object") but this last step return a error ( unable to convert varchar to datetime... something like that).

I've seen before that the MSSQL ACT7 was stopped. So i restarted it and set in auto mode like its done with other users.

Is there someone could has a solution. i'd like to save data of my user...

Thanks

Henri

Henri Vatel
SRA Instruments
France

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author HENRI
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Unable to synchronize a remote DB with ACT 8.0 Premium

Hello Greig,

I've   found the reason. The delay of synchronisation was to short and the user forgot to do it. I had to export/import data into the main DB & make a new remote base. The error message was strange... but for the next time i will what to do.

Henri

Henri Vatel
SRA Instruments
France

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Henri,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In regards to the sync issue you are experiencing, please see if the information in the following Knowledgebase article will help you with a resolution:

Error: "Failed to synchronize with Server. Server error description: Agent Facade failed to get mess...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author HENRI
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Greig,

I've   found the reason. The delay of synchronisation was to short and the user forgot to do it. I had to export/import data into the main DB & make a new remote base. The error message was strange... but for the next time i will what to do.

Henri

Henri Vatel
SRA Instruments
France
Platinum Elite Contributor

Henri,

I'm glad you were able to find a solution. And thank you for posting it on the forum for others to benefit from it as well. I look forward to your future contributions to the Community.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.