Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to sync with Act! Premium Cloud

Copper Contributor

Unable to sync with Act! Premium Cloud

I have created a remote database from APC & unpacked on a local computer. When I try to sync I get the "Act! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled...."error. I am using Internet sync & have tried using the standard address http://master5.hosted1.act.com:443/ActInternetSync, also that URL without the port (per KB38099). I have added port 443 to my Windows firewall exceptions. Wondering if I have missed a step.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to sync with Act! Premium Cloud

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike. Yes they have been out of action for a couple of days, but APC has been working again since this morning. I am wondering if maybe the sync service still isn't functioning fully yet though. Will try again tomorrow...
Platinum Elite Contributor

To be honest ... I find that some of the third-party hosts are more reliable and provide better service.
Administrator

Hi mcm58,

Mike is correct, there has been some service interruption to customers on the master5 server. We are currently working on restoring full service as our highest priority. I apologise for the inconvenience.
Please could you send me a private message with your database login URL so I can check the status of your account?
Administrator

Thanks mcm58,

I've checked with our APC operations team, and your database, including the sync service should now be back online.

If you are still experiencing issues with this sync service, then a support call would be the best course of action, in order to open a new ticket and gather further environmental information for troubleshooting.
Copper Contributor

Hi. Just getting back to this because the customer wants to sync now. Can you please advise the valid server name & URL I should add to the remote DB's connection information.

Copper Contributor

Please ignore.  I found KB38260 with updated URLs.  Sync working now.