Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to sychronize on ACT 2006 Premium for workgroups

Unable to sychronize on ACT 2006 Premium for workgroups

[ Edited ]

I haven't synchronized in a while (OCT 2008) but when I tried today, my Desktop system cannot synch with my Laptop.  I am running ACT Premium for workgroups 2006.

I tried to do a telnet while I had the "accept incoming sync" started, but was not successful.

I have turned off the McAfee firewall on BOTH systems.  My MSSQL$ACT7 services seem to be running

Any ideas on how I could resolve this?

TIA

Chris

BTW this is being done via Network SYNC (behind a firewall) in a LAN environment.

Message Edited by ChrisV on 05-28-2009 11:56 AM

Re: Unable to sychronize on ACT 2006 Premium for workgroups

You should create a new remote database.  If there are changes on the remote that are needed, you can backup and restore the remote database on the server, do a lookup by contact activity and export the changes to the main database.

David

Can I then, by creating a remote data base from the client (MY Desktop) and saving it the the Server (MY Laptop) change the settings so that the Desktop is now the Server (ie has the ability to accept incoming connections)?

Also not sure what you meant by lookup by contact activity - does this look at the differences between what is on the server and the remote? Don't you have to first  do a restore from the RDB to look at it?

Thanks

First do you need any changes on the old remote that need to be on the main database?  If you don't then you can just recreate the remote database.  If you do, then you will need to do a lookup on contact activity (Lookup > Contact Activity) since the date you last synchronized.  Then when exporting the old remote into the main database, you set your merge options to replace with newest.  This will replace the data in the fields with the newest information.

How to Export Data From One ACT! Database To Another