Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to start scheduler service. Missing server configuration information - Event Viewer

Copper Contributor

Unable to start scheduler service. Missing server configuration information - Event Viewer

[ Edited ]

I get the same two entries in the event viewer on every machine on which Act! 2009 Premium is installed.

All machines are Windows XP SP3 with MS Office 2007 and they have different hardware and software.

Below are the entries in the event viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ACT! Scheduler
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date:  4/19/2009
Time:  8:37:22 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: NO1
Description:
Service cannot be started. System.Exception: Unable to start scheduler service. Missing server configuration information.
   at Act.Scheduler.SchedulerService.OnStart(String[] args)
   at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SQLBrowser
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3
Date:  4/19/2009
Time:  8:37:27 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: NO1
Description:
The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance ACT7 is not valid.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

UPDATE: The solution listed here seems to have gotten rid of the second entry in the event viewer.

I'm not sure where to begin troubleshooting the first error. I get the same error when I try to manually start the sevice as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Message Edited by jeffshead on 04-19-2009 07:11 AM

Re: Unable to start scheduler service. Missing server configuration information - Event Viewer

Sounds like the service entry in the registry is messed up.  You can try exporting the following key from a computer that is working and import into the computer with the issue or reinstall ACT! if you don't have another computer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACT! Scheduler

How to export and import registry keys:

Working computer:

- From a working machine, go to Start and select Run

- Type in regedit and click Ok.

- On the left side, browse down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\

- Find ACT! Scheduler and left click to highlight the key.

- Go to File > Export

- Make sure Selected branch is enabled under Export range and its shows:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACT! Scheduler

- Specify the file name and location.

- Move the file to the computer with the issue

Computer with the issue:

- Backup your registry - How to Back Up the Registry on a Windows Operating System

- Double click the file you copied from the other computer.

- Click Yes on the first prompt.

- You should then receive another message saying it was successfully entered into the registry.

- Click Ok on that message and restart your computer.

- Try to start ACT! Scheduler.

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to start scheduler service. Missing server configuration information - Event Viewer

Same issue on all machines. Viewed Reg key on all machines. The same on all.

Reinstall did not help. Didn't think it would since this issue occurred on all machines.

DL, can you attach the reg key from a working computer so I can test?