Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to share database

Copper Elite Contributor

Unable to share database

When I attempt a 11.183.0 HF1 DB I get an Access Denied Error. 

The remote users get  

"Cannot find database supplemental files folder <Database Name> in this location <Computer Name>"

I deleted and replaced the PAD file, checked the services, checked the permissions of the shared folder, and edited the PAD to look for the IP Address instead of Computer name.

None of the usual steps worked.  The DB opens but only on the server.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to share database

I would try the suggestions on this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19876

I'd also update ALL users to HF4:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25657

BTW: Is the database in a folder under "Users" in Win7 or Vista? There are security changes in the newer OSs that ACT! 2009 doesn't handle as well. You might move it to C:\ACTData

Copper Elite Contributor

Applied HF4 & tried everything in the KB Doc.  Still unable to share.  Access is still denied.  DB is not in a users My Doc's.  It is on the servers D Drive.

At one time APFW 2009 was installed on the server although the users never used the web access.  After the server crassed the IT Dept installed ACT Premium 2009.  Could this be the problem?  If the DB is created with APFW 2009 can it be used with ACPT Premium (Windows) 2009. 

Platinum Super Contributor

After changing the PAD file to contain the IP address, did you use ActDiag to change the Datastore Location? Instructions in article 19876 (link in Mike's post).
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for the reminded.  I eventually had to remove and re-install.  This resolved the issue.

Platinum Super Contributor

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is now working!
Greg Martin
Sage