Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to see Opportunity Field "Estimated Close Date" or set default for it.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to see Opportunity Field "Estimated Close Date" or set default for it.

Dear Community

I am trying to set a default date for the Opportunity Field of "Estimated Close Date". I can see this field in the layout designer and add it to the layout but if I go into define fields then it is not there. Because of this I cannot set a default. Is this a protected field?

I am also having the same problem with the field of Record Manager, which I am also unable to find in Define Fields. I have been asked to restrict the list of Record Managers and reduce the names that appear on the drop down list - but cannot find the list or the field in order to change it. 

We are running ACT! 2011 and I would be very grateful for any help. Many Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author netboulter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to see Opportunity Field "Estimated Close Date" or set default for it.

Hello Netboulter,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You are correct, both the 'Estimated Close Date' and 'Record Manager' fields are system fields and will not be available through the Define Fields option.  You can't set a default date for 'Estimated Close Date'.

For the Record Manager field, are you trying to remove inactive user names from the list?  Or trying to restict which names appear on the drop-down?  To remove inactive names from the list will require deleting them from Manage Users (you would be prompted to reassign their items to a different user).  There isn't a way to restrict the list of names displayed.

Note: If you decide to delete user names, create a backup of the database first (File > Backup > Database), in case the results are not as expected.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author netboulter
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to see Opportunity Field "Estimated Close Date" or set default for it.

Hello Netboulter,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You are correct, both the 'Estimated Close Date' and 'Record Manager' fields are system fields and will not be available through the Define Fields option.  You can't set a default date for 'Estimated Close Date'.

For the Record Manager field, are you trying to remove inactive user names from the list?  Or trying to restict which names appear on the drop-down?  To remove inactive names from the list will require deleting them from Manage Users (you would be prompted to reassign their items to a different user).  There isn't a way to restrict the list of names displayed.

Note: If you decide to delete user names, create a backup of the database first (File > Backup > Database), in case the results are not as expected.

Greg Martin
Sage