Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to register client ACT! installations via the Internet

Unable to register client ACT! installations via the Internet

We are using ACT! Premium 2012 and recently, new client installations are unable to register via the Internet.

In reading some older posts, there appears to be two primary reasons this might happen.  The first involves Windows firewall settings restricting HTTPS communications on port 443.  This is not our issue as I have confirmed that Windows firewall is turned off completely on the machine in question.

The second issue was due to s specified registration limit being reached.  I suspect this is our problem.

Our sales team suffers from a "revolving door" scenario and this causes us to have to install and unistall ACT! frequently.

What is the best way for me to have the current number reset and to restore the ability to register new installations via the Internet again?

Please advise.

Best regards,

Jim

Re: Unable to register client ACT! installations via the Internet

This is most likely due to having to uninstall and reinstall frequently. There is a limit on the number of times a serial number can be activated. I would recommend that you contact Customer Service to take care of this. You can reach Customer Service at 877-386-8083.

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com