Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to register ACT

Copper Contributor

Unable to register ACT

I recently had Sage re-issue our licenses for ACT Prem for Web 2008 (ver 10.0). They provided me with a new Software License Certificate. When attempting to register by Internet, it says, "cannot register ACT at this time please try again later". When I try by phone, it generates an Installation code. However, when I call in to SAGE support it comes up as invalid installation code and they are unable to get an Activation code.

Their tech support guy referred me to the Sage Knowledgebase (http://act.com\support and the keyword is '13727').  I followed the poorly written instructions for win xp.  I located the (KGyGaAvl.sys) file and renamed it '*.old' but I am unable to locate the 10digit  alphanumeric.sys file (D8050401D2.sys).

In short, my ACT is still running as trial and set to expire and Sage says they cant do anything.  So, anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I am in desperate need of help.

Thank you

Don S.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to register ACT

Hello Don,

I noticed that you contacted ACT! Support on 10/22 regarding this issue and that there was a successful registration of the software on the same day. Is the registration issue resolved as of now?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to register ACT

Greig, thanks for the follow-up. Yes, we were able to get ACT fully registered. The tech guys at SAGE were very helpful.