Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to register ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to register ACT!

I am having difficulty registering ACT!.  I have tried both methods, Internet and Phone, to no avail.  When I try registering by Internet I get the following error message: “We are unable to register ACT!. To register at a later time, restart ACT!,”.  I am positive the serial number is valid. I have read in other threads that serial numbers have a limit as to the number of times they can be activated and I am almost certain this is the case here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to register ACT!

I was able to register this morning by tethering the computer with my smartphone. All firewall and anti-virus software were disabled on the computer when trying to register with the network Internet connection so the WatchGuard firewall seems to be the root of the issue. Thank you all for your help!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello MMcverry,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Please send me a Private Note with your version of ACT! and the serial number so I can check the registration tolerance.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

It is still giving me the same error message when attempting to register. I compared the About Act! with a computer that already has Act! successfully registered and they are both ST editions. Act! is installed on 20+ computers in the building and I have not received this error message before. I just uninstalled/reinstalled Act! and I am still receiving the same error message when going through the registration process.

Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with steps for recreating the registration files within Act! (they may have become corrupted: KB Article 13727

You'll also want to make sure you are using a Windows Admin to sign onto the workstation and that you disable any firewall or anti-virus software on the computer.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I was able to register this morning by tethering the computer with my smartphone. All firewall and anti-virus software were disabled on the computer when trying to register with the network Internet connection so the WatchGuard firewall seems to be the root of the issue. Thank you all for your help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Can you help? Transfered my Act V9 to my laptop but unable to register the product , I suppose because product no longer being supported. I still have the provided SN and activation code
Administrator

Hi Laserman,

I'll contact you via PM to investigate.

I have my fulfillment letter (below) and I cant register ACT in my new computer with the serial number.

I have tried the SN several times and it wont let me thru.

Bart Lynam 

Lynam Inc.

bart@lynam.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.act.com/download/v18/pro

ACT PRO v18 LIC for Care Fulfillment Qty: 1

Serial Number(s): XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Download Link: http://www.act.com/download/v18/pro

Thanks!
Deb Lee
Sales Associate, Act!   

w: (866) 873-2006