Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Unable to register ACT!

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Unable to register ACT!

Hi Bart,

Could you double check the version that you have installed by going to Help > About Act?

Serial keys are version specific so we need to make sure you've got the right version installed for your key.

If possible, could you send me your serial key via private message? I'll be able to check that the key has been created properly, and what version it was created for.
Highlighted

I'm having the same unable to register/activate issue following a server reboot this weekend. Is there a way to check whether or not our serial number has passed the number of registrations threshold? I was hopeful ACT! support would do it for me, but I've been on hold waiting for them for 1.5 hours. 

We use ACT! 2013 PRO 

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi Joe,

If you send me your serial number via private message I can check this out for you, and make the necessary adjustments if that is the case.
Highlighted

Thanks, Jon. Support finally picked up my call and was able to reset our account. Very best, Joe

Highlighted

Hi,

same issue here, trying to register Act 2013 Pro on an additional machine and getting error message that it is impossible at that current time to register act via Internet.

I have made sure that port 443 was not stopped by network firewall, and local machine firewall disabled.

It was never an issue before or at least not for that long (been trying for a 2 weeks)

Thanks for any help. 

Highlighted
Administrator

[ Edited ]

If you send me a private message here on the forum with your serial number and the full version of Act! you're running I'll make the the key is still active. Alternatively, feel free to follow the prompt to register by phone, it should only take a few minutes.

Highlighted

Hello Jon, I was googling answers for this same issue. Anyways you could help me?
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted

This is SAGE ACT! Pro 2012. It is working fine on everyone's computer except the one I had to reinstall it on.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

@Bareus16  ... Ahhh.

Unfortunately, the server for the old third-party licensing software is no-longer connected and able to register users.

Versions prior to v18 can't be reinstalled or have hardware changes ... Even some big Windows updates can stop them working.

You can read about it, here: https://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2018/11/important-licensing-notice-for-all-act.html

Not much option other than upgrading.