Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to populate products in 'Create Quote'

Unable to populate products in 'Create Quote'

Hello,

I'm having a problem on version 20.1. I created the contact, filled all fields in, I then created an Opportunity for same contact, added my product/s that were needed, I go to 'Create Quote', the Application will launch Word, the contact fields and everything are fine, but the Products that were listed are not showing, nor can I even edit the table. 

Also, I'm using the default Quote Template, haven't even edited it yet, but we'd like to add our own touch to it's layout.

Anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance!

-Drew R.

Administrator

Re: Unable to populate products in 'Create Quote'

Hi Drew,

What version of Office are you using?

The way a quote template works is that the 'product' table in the quote document is actually an embedded excel spreadsheet. Does your current office package have excel installed? Are you able to export other data from Act to excel?

Hi Jon,

We're on Office 365, latest update. Everything looks to import/export correctly, just not during the Create Quote function. Also, I have administrative rights for both Act! and our network.

Administrator

If possible, could you try opening a different database (you should have the default 'Demo Database' installed already) - and test the issue there?

That'll help us narrow down if it's a problem with the quote template, the data itself or the link to Office.