Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to open Act

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Unable to open Act

I am running Act Premium (access via web) v. 20.1 but the program will not open.  I cannot access anything to do with Act so I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but have the same issue.  This is happening on a remote database and is the only one having the issue.  I have attached the error message.  Please help!

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to open Act

Hello,

Question, which is the Act! version ..?

When you say you use Act! Web, it means that the problem is in the Act! Web server..?

which is the Windows version on that Web server ..?

Anyway, keep this article in mind

CLICK HERE

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR DATABASE DAILY - and place a copy of that ZIP file in a USB memory or external disk for more security in case your computer or server's hard drive is damaged

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

We're on 20.1.  It looks like that article is only for v17.2 and older.  The computer having the issue where the remote database resides is running Windows 7 Pro.  The server itself is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Looks like a registry problem.  Try reinstalling on a different windows profile.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

This did not help the issue.  I may have to contact support on this one.  I'm at a loss.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

The attached error doesn't help much, but we can probably work you out.  Can you check your event viewer for additional information?  This actually looks like a .net error to me, but I'd like to see if there's more data beyond the appcrash error.

We could try deleting your preferences, as that would tell us if the product will open at all, or if it is crashing when attempting to access a database.

Try this:

KB 14770 - How to rebuild the Act! Preferences file

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke