Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to link Act! with email

Unable to link Act! with email

Basics: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Pro, my email is Outlook for Microsoft 365, and my Act! is Web Premium 20.1.120.0, Update 7

First off, I am brand new to Act! and I'm not very computer literate either.

I have been trying to integrate my outlook with Act! so that I can sent out large batches of emails. When I got to "Preference -> Email" it's automatically set at Default for MS Outlook. I try clicking "configure mail server" and nothing happens, so I try to click the "download" button under e-mail integration and I get this:

"You must install additional software before Act! Premium (Web) can be synchronized with other address books.

If you have already installed the software, close this message and check your browser for additional instructions on how to allow ‘APFWOutlook’ from ‘Swiftpage Act! LLC’ to run "

So I click "install" and nothing happens. Then I set up my Microsoft Exchange (with the same email as outlook) and I can at least click on an email from Act! and it generates a new email in Exchange, but it won't send it. It looks like it sent, but then I get an issue stating there was an error and it gets saved in my Outlook as a draft. If I try to email it from my draft folder, I get a system admin email saying it was deliverable. 

I am currently using my own personal email as a test for these. And in both exchange and outlook, when I type in my email, it works. But being generated from Act! it does not. I checked the system requirements and it says that both Exchange and 365 are compatible for contact and calendar synchronization, does that mean not email? 

Any and all help would be highly appreciative. Thank you!

Copper Contributor

Re: Unable to link Act! with email

Exact same issues and Act Premium For Web Outlook Plugin Integration issues here. There are a few other posts here on the support forum referencing the same problems. Something is clearly broken with the APFW Outlook Integration.
Highlighted

Re: Unable to link Act! with email

apfwuser, are you doing something else currently? Like, say you have a search to run for specific set of clients and it yields 50 contacts total. Are you just downloading the list and making individual emails for each, sending them out, and then noting it in Act!? 

I'm wondering what I can do if this integration does not work. I was instructed to utilize Act! as much as possible but as of yet, it seems only useful for data keepsake and not viable actions like email.

Thanks in advance!