Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to insert sync set subscription

Unable to insert sync set subscription

I tried to set up a New Sync Set in order to set up syncronization with a remote user and I received the above message. Here is the rest of the message:

"Set user failed because of one of the folowing reasons: the database principal "ACTSYNC' does not exist, its corresponding server principal does not have server access, this type of datbase principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission"

What does this mean?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Unable to insert sync set subscription

There are many reasons why this could happen but what steps had you performed and where did you get up to when the error occurred?

This might help identify where the problem lies

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Unable to insert sync set subscription

Dear Paul,

please forgive me for joining but I have exactly the same problem.

I have two laptops that I use and both need to be synchronised.

I have both of them visible on the network and both can open folders / files on their respective partners no problem.

I have the master database on my machine which I want to be able to read, change and then sync with the master machine again.

I get to the point where I have entered a new database name and location, then the green bars start to zip across a small window then it stops with the same message that ACTSYNC is not set.

I am hoping your reply to the first question will help mme too.

Thanks

Dave