Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to insert new notes

Unable to insert new notes

When I log into ACT 2011 Premium Web, and I try to enter a new note, the window does nto open.  It was working previously.  And all other features are working (secondary contact, follow up, etc).  it's just the insert note that isn't working.  I tried it from the icon and from the drop down menu.  No luck.  Any ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to insert new notes

[ Edited ]

Hello dveraldi,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. What browser and what version of the browser are you using to access your web database? I saw the same thing happen with APFW 2011 in Firefox 13 and 14, but was not able to reproduce in Internet Explorer 8. ACT! for Web 2011 officially supports FF 3.5 and 3.6, and IE 7 & 8. It will not work with IE 9.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have the same situation.  I cannot Insert Notes using Firefox 15 but I can on IE 9.

I checked firefox and I do not have pop up blocker on but cannot get Insert Note to work.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would not expect APFW 2011 to work without issues in the most current versions of Firefox. APFW 2012 and 2013 do not seem to have any notable issues with the current versions. We do not plan to look at full certification of that browser for ACT! 2012-2013 until after Firefox has concluded its rapid release cycle in November.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.