Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to insert history ???? ACT 17 Windows 10

Copper Contributor

Unable to insert history ???? ACT 17 Windows 10

[ Edited ]

OKHaving had a battle to get ACT 17 to work with Windows 10. Add-ins dropping out. Quick print not working etc. etc. I finally got things set up and working and now one machine (not the one with the SQL server on) on the network has developed the following issue.

Template selected, document prepared, saved and printed via "Quick Print" with the correct window popping up to record history and box ticked to record history click OK immediately followed by a window "Unable to insert a history" Grrr.   Outlook eMail history is being logged OK.

Note:-  Load behaviour's have been set to "9" for some weeks and things working OK.

This was a new install on a new machine in October 2015.

Any ideas please

Administrator

Re: Unable to insert history ???? ACT 17 Windows 10

Hi MalcB,

Is this issue database specific? Could you test on another database (i.e. the demo DB) and test this quick print record history function?

If the issue does not occur on the other database, I would suggest running database maintenance - check and repair, or a full database repair and rebuild in Act Diag.
Also are both databases in the same location on the machine? i,e. both are saved in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases directory.

Copper Contributor

Strange....Database's have been saved as follows C:\users\myname\OneDrive\ACT\ACTData. I guess this could have an impact ?? Although it's been running OK
for a couple of months
Copper Contributor

Sorted...I think. Backed up original database. Restored with a new name in the correct location ie C:\users\public etc.

Thanks

Administrator

Cool. I would strongly suggest not running Act Databases from cloud folders like OneDrive or Dropbox. These kinds of folders check the file system for updates constantly which can interfere with SQL. Backups can safely be placed in these kinds of folders though.
Let me know if you run into any other problems with it.
Copper Contributor

Thanks Gary.

It was my fault. PC wants to save EVERYTHING to One Drive (which is a PITA) and I hadn't noticed database was saved there as well.