Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to insert a history

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to insert a history

When I print from a document it asks me if I want to create a record history for this contact. I also check the box to attach the document to history. Once i click ok then it comes back with a pop up box that says Unable to insert a history.

Any ideas why i am getting this ?

I am on vista and act premium 10.

Also I tried to save the history without attaching the document to history and that worked but just doesn't work when attaching the document.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author steven.fetting@tmisystems.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Unable to insert a history

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You could try and turn off UAC in windows and if it works. Does this happen only with one document or any document? What is the word processor that you use with act?

Message Edited by Snowflake on 06-04-2009 06:30 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author steven.fetting@tmisystems.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

You could try and turn off UAC in windows and if it works. Does this happen only with one document or any document? What is the word processor that you use with act?

Message Edited by Snowflake on 06-04-2009 06:30 PM

Thanks Snowflake,

I never thought to turn off UAC. It was doing that error on all documents. And the word processor I am using is Word 2007.

Thanks for the help.

Would you have any idea why this would happen on a XP machine ? They are a local admin also.

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

hi,, did you have any luck with the " unable to insert a history " problem? i am having the same issue,,, i am running on a network mode,,  my main machine or server can do it no problem,, the second station is the one with that error message,,, i tried uac,, no luck,,  funny thing is that it was working fine,,, only thing i can think of is that i been trying out the e marketing  tab lately,,,  

thanx for any help,,,

cheers frm texas