Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to find ACT installation files, pls help

Unable to find ACT installation files, pls help

Hi, I have two queries as per below

1. I need installation package for ACT 2010 premium.

2. We are upgrading to Windows 8 basic and I know ACT 2010 has problem installing sql on windows 8, can we install act without sql as we use Act in workgroup mode and sql database in on central server shared with all act users on windows pc.

We are using ACT 2010 Premium with 12 users.

Please help

Kunal Chauhan

Skoch Consultancy Services

Silver Contributor

Re: Unable to find ACT installation files, pls help

ACT 2010 is not compatible and wont work with Windows 8.  You would need to upgrade.  the problem is that the version of SQL that was installed with that version (microsoft product) doesn't work with Win 8.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to find ACT installation files, pls help

Hello Kunal,
I will be happy to send you the download files for ACT! 2010. Please send me your ACT! 2010 serial number via private message in this forum, and I will reply with the link. To send me a private message, click my user name on the left, then "Send this user a private message" on the right.

I will also provide you some info that may help you install ACT! 2010 on Windows 8, though keep in mind this is not supported and you may experience compatibility issues. Also, for ACT! 2010 you will need to have Office 2007 or 2003 if you wish to integrate Office with ACT!. For your current systems, please consider upgrading to ACT! 2013.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.