Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to connect to your Google Account.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to connect to your Google Account.

Let me start by saying I am very aware of the issues with Act and Google integration, however, this is a new one to me.

Running Act v17.2.217.0 on a Windows 8 system. The database is only on one system and is not shared in anyway, that being said, upon connecting to Google Integration everything looks fine; registered to the right database and the right Google account, click okay and asks if I want to start the integration and press "yes". The sync window then flashes on then off, I then get a new pop -up "Unable to connect to your Google account. Do you wish to update your integration preferences?"

Never seen this windows before, when I hit "Yes" it takes me to the integration windows but my Google account is no longer registed. When I try to register it the Windows Explorer window comes up with no information on and "Navigation to the webpage was cancelled".

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Never had this problem in the past and could not find any solutions on the community site.

Assistance would be great.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfgarnant
‎10-27-2015 12:05 PM
Administrator

Re: Unable to connect to your Google Account.

Have you checked your Firewall and Antivirus in case they are blocking access to the internet within Act?
Here's a useful Knowledgebase article on the subject - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125

Are you using a proxy at all?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Sounds like Internet Explorer is not connecting to the Google authentication page.
Can you visit https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin in IE normally?
If yes, are you opening Act! as admin?
Copper Contributor

Yes, I can. If I open IE I can go to the site easily. But when Act askes me to register an account and I click, the page will not refresh. Almost is if I have no connection.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jfgarnant
‎10-27-2015 12:05 PM
Administrator

Have you checked your Firewall and Antivirus in case they are blocking access to the internet within Act?
Here's a useful Knowledgebase article on the subject - http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125

Are you using a proxy at all?
Copper Contributor

Noob alert Gary, moron poster (myself) did not realize Norton failed on it's last update and so my firewall and anti-virus was all messed up. Everything seems to be working fine, thanks for helping me notice what was something clearly...noticable.

Administrator

No problem! Glad you got this resolved.