Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal' to type 'System.Principal.WindowsPrincipal'.

Nickel Super Contributor

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal' to type 'System.Principal.WindowsPrincipal'.

ACT! Premium 2013 WEB
Windows Server 2003 Full Updates.

I'm trying to create a remote database, but to try gives me the error message Attachment (Picture).

Any idea?

Thank you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal' to type 'System.Principal.WindowsPrincipal'.

Can you create a remote from the Demo database (or a new database)? (database or installation issue)

Have you tried running Check and Repair?
Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Security.Principal.GenericPrincipal' to type 'System.Principal.WindowsPrincipal'.

Thanks, I'll try...   let you know.  THANKS  Smiley Wink

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Juan Carlos,

We have been able to reproduce this and barring any other complications, we plan for this to be fixed in Sage ACT! 2013 Service Pack 1, currently scheduled for January release.

It is something we found is an issue on certain OSes trying to determine whether the user has the right permissions to create a remote.  One thing you could try if you need a remote immediately is to install Premium on another machine (say, a Windows 7 machine) and point it to the DB server via .pad file and try to create the remote from there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Amy